What Does CSV Stand For?
Let’s start by defining a CSV file. An excel file that stores data in a tabular format is known as a CSV file. Its abbreviation is CSV file or comma-separated values. Contacts, tables, and other data are saved in rows and columns.
What does vCard stand for?
The names, addresses, URLs, and extra contact data are stored in the vCard or VCF file format. Comparing this format to CSV files, its portability is its finest feature. You may store photos and audio snippets in vCard files in addition to contact data.
Details to Convert CSV to vCard
- Though mobile devices, Thunderbird, Gmail, and other programs use VCF, every PC does not support CSV.
- CSV files demand more storage than vCard ensures.
- CSV files are more susceptible to venality than vCard files.
- Though vCard can read scripts other than Latin, CSV cannot.
- There is no fixed structure or specification for how contact data should be stored in CSV files. On the other hand, VCF has the ideal setup for data storage.
These are some of the details why people choose to use VCF instead of CSV. You will gather how to convert CSV to VCF online in the next section.
Convert CSV to VCF in Two Steps
You must adhere to the instructions exactly in order to utilize this strategy. There are two stages to this procedure.
Step 1: Import contacts as a CSV.
Step 2: Convert the imported CSV file to a VCF.
Step 1: Import Contacts from a CSV File
- Search for Contacts and press on it.
- Then choose Import from the menu.
- Click the Import tab after choosing the CSV file.
- Tap next after selecting the CSV file to add it.
- The components of your newly uploaded file will then be displayed in the imported CSV file.
- Finally, click Finish.
Step 2: Export CSV (imported file) to VCF
- Open Contacts once again using the search box.
- Following that, select Export.
- Click the Export tab after selecting the vCards option.
- Eventually, a pop-up box informing you that your CSV file has been converted to vCard format will appear.
The technique given above may be used to migrate CSV to VCF. But, this method is not ideal for non-technical people. The following issues that users may have while using the manual procedure are listed.
Limitations of the Two-Step Technique
The manual technique has a number of drawbacks, which are listed below.
- To complete the assignment, technical expertise is required.
- It profits a lot of time to do it.
- One CSV file can be converted at a time by utilizing a manual technique.
These are a few issues with the manual method. However, you may use the Excel to vCard Converter to convert CSV files into VCF format.
Convert CSV to VCF Technically
A complete program called CSV to vCard Converter can convert Excel Spreadsheet XLSX/XLS to vCard format. Also available is the conversion of several Excel files (XLS, XLSX) to vCard. In addition, you may import all the information from an Excel document (Date, Time, and Work). The program’s finest feature is that you don’t need any technical knowledge to use it. Moreover, the program makes it straightforward to convert Excel to VCF online in a few short clicks.
Follow the steps of the CSV to VCF converter as given below:
- Install and run the CSV to VCF Converter application on your system.
- Select the browse button, and upload the CSV file.
- Next, the preview of all contact information is below.
- Then, choose the output location to save the VCF file on your system.
- Finally, click on the “Convert Now” button to begin the procedure.
I believe you’ll be capable to convert CSV to VCF if you read the text carefully. A manual method is another option, though it has significant shortcomings and is not recommended. Excel to vCard Converter Tool is a simple and efficient option if you’re wanting to convert your excel files.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!